Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The First Few Days

Thursday night (technically Friday morning) went pretty well. Neither one of us could get enough snuggle time with Destiny, so we were completely fine getting up with her during the night. She woke up about every 2 hours for a quick drink, and then went right back to sleep.

Friday and Saturday were pretty much just spent in the hotel. We may have been a bit exhausted from the day of travel that was way too long! So, we just took the chance to relax with our new baby girl.

At some point on Friday we went to Target to stock up on things we’d need that we didn’t take along. We already had 3 BIG suitcases, a stroller and a car seat on the way to North Carolina. There just wasn’t room for things like soap and shampoo. :) Anyway, back to what I was saying. We went to Target. I LOVE Target. Forever and Ever. Amen. (Kristi, does that song remind you of anything? Still makes me giggle.)

Anyway, that’s not important now.

When we weren’t busy cuddling with our baby or napping (don’t judge me), we were going for car rides. As good as it felt to relax and get caught up on some sleep… we were getting pretty stir crazy in that hotel room. We rode around and figured out where things were in Matthews. We got some groceries, we skyped with our boys. And we may have gone back to Target. Oh, and I’m reading The Shack.

Lord, thank you! Thank you for good rest. Thank you for a husband that fights for the chance to bond with our baby girl, even if it means getting up in the middle of the night to sit with her. Thank you for technology so we can see and talk to our boys and our family back home. Thank you for this beautiful addition to our family and for allowing us to be her parents. Lord, please help us to raise her so that she may know that she is truly a Child of The King.

**Don’t worry. I realize that this isn’t really the kind of info that people want to know. I know that people just want to know how Destiny is doing. I get that. Trust me, that’s definitely more important to me than where we went. I just know that I’m never in a million years going to forget the process of bonding with her. I will, however, forget these little details about what we did while we were here. So, I want to quickly document them while I can. I’ll get to the more important stuff. Soon. I promise.

2 comments:

~Kristi~ said...

Hahaha! Forever and Ever, Amen. I am laughing too! :) Thank you for telling us about those "little things" in your trip that are all a part of the big picture.

Also, thanks for the little bitty (or gigantic) surprise from today. You guys rock!

Love you! :)
-me

air conditioner service adelaide said...

It’s hard to come by experienced people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about ... Thanks ....

- reverse cycle air conditioning adelaide | room air conditioners adelaide | air conditioner service adelaide