Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Part II

OK, so sorry that it took me a little while to get Part II to all of you. I'll explain later what's been going on. First... the pictures...

Here's our family picture from Christmas. You'll notice that only one of us has good taste! :-)

Talk about crazy hair... It's funny, because I have one of Karter when he was about this same size. I'll have to see if I can dig it up to show you.

Saturday night we went to our nephew's birthday party.
Pizza Hut and swimming... Karter was shot by the end of the night!
Happy 3rd birthday, Kole!!!

Who do you suppose was having more fun in the next two pictures?
Karter just had an absolute ball, but it doesn't look like his Daddy is hating it either.





OK, so now for other things that have been going on in our crazy life...
Sunday morning while we were sitting in church Brent started having quite sharp pains in his stomach. I could tell it was more than just an excuse to get out of church... :-). He just kind of dealt with it all day long. Finally at about 8:30 that night I called up to the doctor that was on call in Sioux City. Sure enough... we headed up to the ER at Mercy yet that night. They did some tests and decided the pain was because he was dehydrated. They gave him a bag of fluids by IV, but that was about all they could do for him. After that the pain changed to more of a dull, constant pain. Not that anyone would want that either, but it was better than the sharp pains.
Monday morning Brent called up to the cancer center to let them know what had been going on. They decided to take him off his chemo pills for a few days. We're hoping that his body gets back to normal, and then Brent has to call back to the CC on Thursday to see what happens next.
No one really is excited about a late night trip to the ER, but we did find something positive in it. We asked the dr what his white blood cell count was at... and we're waiting to confirm at our appt with Dr Wender on Jan 28th, but I'll just say that we're very hopefull!!!!!
OK, I need to end this post so that I can go home and find my 3 guys who are waiting for me at home. This is my favorite part of the day!
Have a great night everyone!
Kelli




No comments: