Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Where did the time go?

Seriously… where did my little Karter Henry go?

He used to be little.

- He’s not little anymore.

He used to need me to carry him up the steps, because his little legs couldn’t climb.

- Now I can barely carry him at all.

He used to want me to rock him to sleep, and I loved every second of it.

- Now he goes to bed and I listen through the monitor as he and Brody talk and plan and dream.

He used to want to be up on my lap.

- OK, so he still likes to cuddle with me, but he barely fits on my lap!

Where did the time go?

Tomorrow I will bring Karter to preschool. He’s scared and nervous, and he wants me to stay. Or at least that’s what he says today. I am so excited for this season of his life. I know that he will love it. I just wish he wasn’t nervous.

God, thank you for two beautiful children. Thank you for each minute you have given us. Please help me to recognize just how truly blessed I am! And please, please protect them. Amen.

1 comment:

~Kristi~ said...

Aww, that was so sweet - he will definitely always need you ... just for different kinds of things. (including 5th grade math, which gets to be kind of hard!) ;)

Love you! -me