Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ephesians 3: An Adoption Update

God is so good. (Duh, right?) Brent and I are trying really hard about spending time in The Word. I love how I can read a verse that I have read many, many times before, and use it to speak to me in new ways each time.

My life verse is found in Ephesians 3, specifically verses 18 & 19. Actually, I have a hard time saying exactly which verse it is, because I just love the whole chapter. Click HERE to read that chapter on Biblegateway.com.

Tonight, with adoption on my mind, I lean particularly on verse 20.

“God is able to do much more than we ask or imagine through His power working in us.”

Oh, the peace that brings me.

- When I’m not sure if I can wait one more minute to get a baby in our arms… God is able. It’s in those moments that I get a hug from the boys. And I must say, my boys give the best hugs!

- When I’m not sure where the money will come from to pay the placement fee… God is able. He provides fundraiser opportunities, and we continue to be amazed at the support we receive from friends, family and complete strangers.

- When I’m not sure how to answer Karter’s questions… God is able. He is able to work in the hearts of our boys. I love that they already have a heart for the orphans, and I pray that they never stop hearing God’s call to care for the orphans.

- When Satan gets through to me and makes me wonder if we can really do this; if we’re really cut out to be the parents of three kids… God is so much bigger than Satan! God provides family and friends that understand and are willing to pray for us.

It’s hard, and it’s not hard. Makes perfect sense, right? We’ve been a waiting family since May, and sometimes that’s hard. 5 months? Some people don’t even wait 5 days. And then other days I can’t believe that it’s really been that long. It seems like it was just a couple weeks ago that we got the email from our caseworker saying we were officially a waiting family. Oh, the emotions. That’s where we are now, though. We are waiting. 

Here’s what’s on my heart today: Somewhere out there is a woman that is making some life changing decisions. Not just life changing for herself, but for a child and for our family. I can’t imagine being in that spot. I must say, I am in awe of her already. I pray for her and for the people in her life. Then God speaks, “Kelli, do you have no faith? You pray for a sense of peace, the strength to get her through this time. I can do so much more than that. Do not limit Me.”

I do that. I limit God. Why do I ask for just enough strength to get through this (whether it be for me or for someone else)? So today, here’s my prayer…

God, You are a God of Love. I am in awe of how you love your own. Please, I’m begging that you use this situation, this circumstance. Use this to glorify you, like only You can do. By our own efforts, this will never work. Without you, no Mom could handle these decisions. No one could hand over a baby they just delivered to someone else and ask them to parent that child. God, it is simply by your strength. Tonight I ask you to be with every birthmother out there. I ask that they are simply overwhelmed by your love. I ask that, like it says in Ephesians 3, they may understand how wide and how long and how high and how deep Your love is. You are amazing, and I am so grateful for your love! Amen.

No comments: