Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Today is a just that... a lazy Sunday. Right now Karter is taking a nap. He, much like his parents, loves his naps! I'm trying to avoid a nap, because then I won't sleep good tonight. Today it's rather easy to skip a nap... the Bears are playing the Vikings. GO BEARS!!! (Brent strongly disagrees, but he's not the one writing this.) Why am I a Bears fan, you may ask. Well, I'm a Bears fan simply because my Dad was a Vikings fan. It's the same reason I choose Chevys over Fords and Jeff Gordon over whoever it was that drove the Ford that Dad liked. It wasn't because I know anything about the teams, drivers or kinds of cars... but because it created a friendly rivalry in the Langstraat household. If you knew my Dad, you know he never really got worked up about much... but it was still fun to call him up after the Bears would beat the Vikings. You know, just to make sure he knew who won.

It's days like this that I really miss Dad. Well, days like this... and every other day there is. It's going to be weird to not have Dad visit me in the hospital when this baby is born. Or to not have him present (and take part in) baptism. And every other part of this that Dad would have loved to be part of.

Oh no! Vikings just scored a touchdown! GRRR!!! Chicago still leads by 7 with 3 minutes to go, but why cut it close?

Random thought: Karter's new favorite thing is to sing "E-I-E-I-O". You have to listen pretty closely, but he sings it like he wrote it.

OK, I can't concentrate. I have to watch the game now.

Have a great week!
Kelli

No comments: