Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This Week's Appointments...

Hello everyone. I just thought I'd update you on what's going on in our family for this week. As far as we know, we should only have two doctor appointments this week. One is today, and that one is for Karter. I have to take him for his 18 month checkup and shots. Yeah, you read that correctly... we're getting his 18 month shots even though he's 22 months. Apparently, I'm not one of those organized kinds of moms who does things "on time" and all that jazz. Anyway, I'm sure it won't be a fun appt, because in addition to the normal shots, I think Karter and I will also be getting flu shots. We need to make sure to do everything we can to keep the flu out of our house and away from Brent (and the kids, for that matter). He got his shot at work, so I suppose we better get ours, too.

Then on Friday, we have another appointment with Dr Wender. This time the appt is in Sioux Center. This is the appt where we find out the results from the bone marrow test and EKG. I'm assuming we will also find out when Brent will be starting his pills. I must say, I just wish this appt were over with. I'm scared for B to start these pills. As with every form of treatment, you take the bad with the good... in other words, there will be side effects. I'm not looking forward to finding out how this affects B, and I just wish I could take these pills for him. In fact, I wish I could go through all of this for him. Better yet, I wish they'd just find a stinkin' cure so no one would have to go through this ever again!

Please pray for us as we go into this. Please let us trust God and His plan.

Also, I promise I'll post some pictures of the boys very soon. Sorry that I haven't been better at that! We just had their pictures taken last Friday, so I'm really looking forward to getting those back!

Hope you all have a great week and are enjoying the weather!

Kelli

No comments: