Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cute in a Gown

Karter has had a lot of big stuff going on lately, and they all have one thing in common… GIFTS. It started out with Christmas, then his Birthday, and now a hospital visit. On Friday, January 16th, Karter had tubes put in his ears (again) and had his tonsils and adenoids removed. Let me tell you, he was a trooper. I also have to admit, although I never want to see it again, he looked so adorable in his little Mickey Mouse hospital gown. Here… let me prove it.

Unnamed 167

OK, so you can’t really see the gown, but he’s still pretty cute, right? The cherry juice hit him really hard, and he couldn’t even barely keep his mouth from hanging open.

Unnamed 168 

Karter did really well during surgery. He had a bit of a cough going into the surgery, so he had a bit of a rough time coming out of the anesthesia. They came in and gave him a breathing treatment, and that really seemed to help. Before they did that he sounded like a percolator coffee pot. The thing that bothered him the most was the IV in his hand. Jill, the nurse, ended up wrapping his arm in hopes that it wouldn’t bother him if he couldn’t see it. It did help some.

Unnamed 170

After a some wrestling with him (to keep him from pulling out his IV) and a little bit of resting (and I only mean like 10 minutes) he was ready to try a popsicle. It was quite cute to watch him try find his mouth. He was still pretty out of it, but he kept saying, “My do it all myself, Daddy.”

Unnamed 173

Although the pictures are cute, I thank God that the only reason I have ever had to see him in a hospital gown/bed was for tubes, tonsils and adenoids. But at least this picture makes him look little. That just doesn’t happen very often anymore.

Unnamed 174

Here he is trying to smile for the camera. The blue lips just aren’t helping the situation, are they?

Unnamed 175

This was one of our nurses, Jill. I didn’t get a picture of Karter with our other nurse, Angela. The nurses were awesome! They made us feel right at home. I know that this is something that these doctors do on a daily basis, but this isn’t something I really like to send my precious babies into. So I greatly appreciated the doctors and nurses. They were kind and compassionate, and they did a great job!

Karter was so very proud to ride to the car in this wheelchair just his size.

Unnamed 177

Karter has been doing well since his surgery. He got a few gifts, and he thought that was pretty cool. He got a little beanie puppy from Pastor Mark, and that is his new best friend, Joey. Jim the Pig has officially been replaced.

Special Thanks to Warren and Pastor Mark for taking the time to stop by the hospital to pray with us. We greatly appreciated it!

Also, a special thanks to my mom for taking Brody over night that night. We just weren’t sure how Karter would handle everything, so we wanted to be able to give him 100% of our attention. Although at one point Karter said to me, “Mom, you tell my Dad to go get my brother, please?” We all missed  having our little monster around the house.

1 comment:

Mom2Bs said...

Karter looks so darn cute in his little gown!! It is awful having to put your children through the whole iv and surgrey. Brynn still talks about the yellow wheel chair!
You will be glad to have these pictures when he gets older!!
Have a great week!