Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Memories

Christmas of 2009 was certainly one to be remembered. With what seemed like millions of inches of snow, bad roads and postponed Christmas parties, this was in no way a normal Christmas. To be honest with you, I really enjoyed it.

There was no rushing from one party to another while trying to make sure the kids have time for a nap. I didn’t have to spend a ton of time making food ahead of time for a few days’ worth of parties. Nope. We stayed home, opened presents, played with the kids and their new toys/games, and just really enjoyed our time together.

Karter got a new scoop, so he was so excited to help Brent scoop snow.

2009-12-24-002 2009-12-24-001

I was a bit of a scrooge up until a few days before Christmas. I kept thinking that we weren’t going to put up a Christmas tree. Who puts up a Christmas tree when you have a one and a two year old? Then I started to regret that I didn’t do it, because where were we supposed to put our gifts? Well, luckily Brent had more of the Christmas spirit than I did. He went and picked up a pre-lit Christmas tree. PERFECT! Karter was so excited, and Brody really could have cared less. We got it all put together and turned the lights on. I couldn’t decide if we should put ornaments on it or not, so Karter decorated the tree for us.

2010-01-02-005

What’s that? You don’t see many decorations? That’s because there’s only one… look closely…

2010-01-02-0006

Look closer yet…

2010-01-02-0007

That’s right… a chip clip was our only decoration, and Karter was so proud that he put it on there. Now I don’t have to dread taking all the decorations off the tree.

Here’s just a few pictures for you all to enjoy…

2010-01-02-009 2010-01-02-0002 2010-01-02-004 2010-01-02-006(2)

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

Love,

The Hooyers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's this?? You updated your blog? YAY!! The pictures are adorable, and the chip clip is my favorite! :-)

Love,
Kristi