Monday, March 8, 2010

7 Quick Takes

I read a ton of blogs. It’s a bit of an addiction for me. One of the bloggers does something called 7 Quick Takes. Instead of writing a long update on their life, she takes a little time and writes 7 things (they’re always random, and I love random thoughts) that are on her mind. Here is my first stab:

 

1

Karter is doing great at the whole potty training thing. He even stays dry during naps. Here’s my question: how do you get them to stop peeing during the night? I love not buying as many diapers. And I look forward to the day I don’t have to buy pull-ups.

 

2

If you look at the side bar, you’ll notice a button called Simplifying for Sanity. This comes from another blog that I follow. She’s going to be doing her spring cleaning one room at a time, and she’s invited her blog friends to do it along with her. So, I’m hoping to play along. If I can figure out what’s wrong with my camera, I’m hoping to take before and after pics and post them here so you can see my progress. Check out her blog if you’re interested in joining.

 

3

Last night we had supper at Mom’s house. It was great. Her birthday was last Wednesday, so this was our little celebration. Karter thought it was crazy that we didn’t go swimming for her birthday, and he couldn’t figure out why she didn’t have a barn cake. Brent and I (and the boys) stayed and hung out for a while after supper. Mom just got some new Gaither videos, so we watched one of those with her. Oh how I miss Dad!

 

4

Saturday night we went to a YATEC reunion. It was a ton of fun to see everyone again. We had a chili cook-off. As I sat and watched the 5 judges taste and rate each of the 9 different chili recipes, all I could think was “I am NOT jealous of them right now”. I don’t like chili, so I brought potato soup. The boys came along and they were so good. I think everyone there had a great time.

 

5

Karter and Brody finally got their hair cut again last week. They were hippies and needed it really badly. If I can figure my camera out, I’ll get some pics of them. Have I ever mentioned how much I love them? Cuz I really, REALLY do!

 

6

You don’t realize how hard it is to come up with 7 Quick Takes until you try it.

 

7

On Saturday, March 27th, we’re having the 2nd Annual Relay for Life Poker Tourney at our  house. If you play poker, or if you know of someone else that does, let me know and I’ll get you more info! We had a ton of fun with it last year.

 

That’s it. I made it!

No comments: