Monday, March 15, 2010

Simplifying for Sanity (Attempt #1)

If you read my last post you’re probably wondering why I haven’t posted any pictures of my living room or my bedroom. Let’s just say that my first attempt at this little project didn’t go as planned. Here’s how my cleaning projects usually go:

1 – Start cleaning the living room by picking up the boys’ toys

2 – Bring said toys to the toy room

3 – Get distracted by chaos in toy room, so I start to organize toys

4 – Realize that my living room is the main goal, so I go back to the LR

5 – Pick up laundry lying around in the LR

6 – Start doing laundry

7 – Go up to sort laundry, put laundry away, etc

8 – Get distracted by how badly I need to go through the boys’ clothes and put away the stuff they’ve grown out of

9 – Grab a tub and start sorting what is ours and what goes back to Kristi’s house

10 – After an hour of doing this, I realize that I’m not working on the LR.

11 – Decide that as long as I am getting stuff accomplished, why does it matter if a whole room gets done at one time anyway?!?

12 – Kick myself for not completing one entire room.

I must say, we did get a lot accomplished this weekend. It just didn’t include fancy before and after pictures with dramatic results. We brought a ton of clothes to the 2nd Hand Store. We’ll be bringing more once they start accepting fall/winter stuff (which is April 1st. Can you believe it?!?)

Speaking of bringing clothes away… I brought away all of my maternity clothes. Every last one of them. I must say, this was harder than I thought. (If you’re confused, see this post.) Thankfully, we know that God has a plan for our lives. We’re not sure what that plan is. Maybe His plan is that we are the parents to two beautiful boys. Maybe it’s more than that. Whatever His plan is, we love where we are at and we look forward to where He’s taking us next.

Have a great week!

No comments: