Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Good Weekend

It has been a great weekend! The snow definitely came, and along with it came the bitterly cold weather. Normally, I wouldn't consider that a good weekend. BUT... Along with the snow and bitter cold came family time. We've been home pretty much all weekend. Brent (who is now my hero) installed a dishwasher for us. And get this... it works. We've had a dishwasher ever since we moved in, but it never worked. I've been making all kinds of dishes dirty just so I could run the dishwasher. (I'm pretty easily pleased.)

Today Brent and I played about 15 games of Nertz (a card game that is a lot like Solitaire). He said I turn into quite a jerk when I play cards. I don't have any clue what he's talking about.

Tonight we might open Christmas presents with the boys. (I'm sure that Brody is so excited!!!) I'm acting like it's a good idea because then Karter can play with the toys while we're stuck in the house. Actually, it's probably because I'm terribly impatient. I get so excited to give people their gifts. In fact, Brent has had one of his for about a month now.

Hey, if any of you are looking for a good book to read I have the perfect suggestion for you. (Thank you Helen for telling me about this book!) It's called My Sister's Keeper, and it's by Jodi Picoult. It's an awesome book! Let's just say that I shed a few tears! A friend of ours dropped off another book for me to read, but it's pretty short. If you have a favorite book that you think I'd like, let me know. Just leave a message on this post, and I'll check them out. I love reading!

Anyway, that's probably a lot of random thoughts and kind of a strange post, but that's how my brain works most of the time.

Hope you're all having a great weekend and that you're all ready to have a wonderful Christmas!

Kelli

1 comment:

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks