Monday, December 8, 2008

Time Flies

Can you all believe that it's December 8th already? It just shocks me. Maybe it is because I'm on maternity leave, and sometimes my days can seem to run together. Maybe it is because I'm on maternity leave, and I want time to stop. I look at Brody and just can't believe how quickly he's growing. Then I look at Karter and wonder where the last two years went. My life is so full, and I have so much to be thankful for!


Last Thursday was Brent's 26th birthday. He's getting old (but he'll always remind me that I'm older than him). Friday night we went to Sioux City to a Mexican restaurant to celebrate his birthday. I'm teaching Karter that it's OK to be a picky eater. We were at a really good Mexican restaurant, and I ordered popcorn chicken and french fries for him and a taco salad (with just the lettuce, hamburger and cheese) for me. Brent actually ordered Mexican food with all the bells and whistles. I would have ordered grilled cheese if it was an option. :-)


Today was Brent's 6th day of taking his chemo pills. We are taking it one day at a time. We've had to learn as we go. It takes time to figure out different things like how soon after eating breakfast he should take the pills, or how much activity is just too much for him, or how do you explain to Karter that Daddy is tired and needs to rest. We were told that it could take about a week before he starts to feel the full effect of the side effects. We're a little nervous for that, but we'll have to wait and see.


So far the pills have managed to make Brent's stomach a little upset. Most of the days it has gone away after a little while. Our families and friends have been wonderful. We've had food brought in, many offers to take the boys off our hands, and they guys took Brent out this past weekend for his birthday. Those things have all been wonderful! But I must admit, the thing we appreciate the absolute most is all the prayers! It's amazing to know that people out there are praying to our Heavenly Father on your behalf. Honestly, what would we do without our friends and family?


Living in Maurice, we have taken part in the Christmas decorating. Sorry the picture is kind of fuzzy, but at least you can get an idea of what we've done to our house. If you have a chance, you should ride through Maurice and look at all the lights. It's tons of fun!



We're supposed to get snow tonight. I got Karter some snow pants, and he loves wearing his boots. If it snows tonight and isn't bitterly cold tomorrow, maybe Karter and I can go out and play in the snow while Brody sleeps. He would think that was so cool! If so, I'll have to have my camera along and post pictures asap!

And finally, here are a few pictures of my boys...










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I just love your blog! I just wanted to say that you are in our prayers also:) Brent is a classmate/friend of my Brother, Monty, and Sheryl is a classmate/friend of mine from highschool. I looked back on your first few blogs just a little bit ago hoping to see a picture of you:) I wasn't sure who Brent was married to and when I saw your picutre I thought to myself...boy she looks familiar! Feel free to check out our blog as well...www.hhbarjd.blogspot.com

Janie Haack (Neighbors to you....we are middle house on the street that faces the black top through Maurice).
My email: hhbarjd@mtcnet.net

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel ... love the new Christmas look! Nice work. You should do a blog for me since I'm a technological idiot. :) j/k i'd say your hands are full! :) Hey guess what ... finally got the rest of the tree decorated with Trevor's help! Yay! See ya later!
-Kristi